THE Volcano Geology Tour
- request a geologist with extra scientific interpretation -
Sound technical knowledge lit up by passion and enthusiasm! If you are a scientific professional, you will get a tour worthy of a peer-reviewed field trip!
Geologic walking & study tour: geology & volcanism
4 hrs - multiple days
Custom and group dates
no scheduled dates at present
Price (p.p.): from 200 USD/p
- All transportation on the Big Island in private 4WD vehicle
- Expert geologist guide with presentations on eruption history
- Entry to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- Fresh local fruits, local snacks and juices en route
Customize your private tour with a geologist
from ANY of our tour itineraries! Hear about the volcano's eruption history, an update on the current activity from summit to sea, current scientific theory and monitoring efforts, and ask unlimited questions for an in-depth volcano experience!
- Kilauea - the most active volcano in the world
- Accurate first hand geology information
- Small group size (1-10)
- Personalized itinerary
Morning: Kilauea’s summit
From the native forests to the site of active eruption at Halema’uma’u crater, allowing for meals and transit.
Afternoon: Kilauea’s chain of crater
from archaelogical sites tohistorical eruptions, the south flank is a living, moving part of Kilauea volcano.
Afternoon - evening: Kilauea’s coastal plain: lava viewing OR Kalapana-Kapoho
Visit the coastal area with the objective of seeing active lava or the lava ocean entry at dusk, conditions permitting. If not, visit the two lava-covered villages of Kalapana-Kapoho as an excellent back-up!
The tour starts and ends on Big Island, ideally in Hilo or Volcano. Pick-up and transfers to and from Kona can be arranged, but the guided transfer time counts towards the time of the tour.